This Thursday night marks the start of the 2022 NBA Finals which will pit the Boston Celtics, who advanced to the Finals after defeating the Miami Heat 4-3, and the Golden State Warriors, who blitzed Luka Doncic’s Dallas Mavericks 4-1, in a best-of-seven game series.
Celtics’ road to the NBA Finals
The Celtics have reached these Finals led by the trident of Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart. After sweeping the Nets in the first round with a 4-0 aggregate score, they met the defending champions, Giannis Antetokounmpo’s Milwaukee Bucks, and played a hard-fought series that ended with a victory for the Boston team in Game 7.
In the Eastern Conference Finals, the Celtics won a tight Game 7 against the Miami Heat, led by a tireless Jimmy Butler.
Warriors’ road to the NBA Finals
The Golden State Warriors dynasty is living NBA history. Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green will play in their sixth NBA Finals in the last eight years, something not seen since Michael Jordan’s Bulls.
Steve Kerr‘s charges began their playoff run by crushing Jokic’s Denver Nuggets 4-1, and Ja Morant’s Memphis Grizzlies, with controversy included, 4-2.
NBA Finals 2022 Schedule
- Game 1: Golden State Warriors – Boston Celtics: Friday, June 3, 9:00 p. m. ET
- Game 2: Golden State Warriors – Boston Celtics: Monday, June 6, 8:00 p. m. ET
- Game 3: Boston Celtics – Golden State Warriors: Thursday, June 9, 9:00 p. m. ET
- Game 4: Boston Celtics – Golden State Warriors: Saturday, June 11, 9:00 p. m. ET ET
- Game 5: Golden State Warriors – Boston Celtics: Tuesday, June 14, 9:00 p. m. ET. ET* GAME 6: BOSTON CELTICS – GOLDEN STATE
- Game 6: Boston Celtics – Golden State Warriors: Friday, June 17, 9:00 p. m. ET*. ET* GAME 7: GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS – GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
- Game 7: Golden State Warriors – Boston Celtics: Monday, June 20, 8:00 p. m. ET*
- *If necessary
How to watch the NBA Finals live?
The 2022 NBA Finals will be broadcast live on ABC. In addition, fans can purchase NBA League Pass to watch all games or purchase a per-game pass.